Nearest train/tube station - High Street Kensington
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £10 per hour
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 48 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
The Briatannia is tucked away just off Kensington High Street and has been looking after our guest since 1834. Proudly sitting on the old Britannia Brewery site, so our pub is steeped in a rich history history. Our delicious food is made on site by our team of team of chefs and is a firm favorite with our guests. With our stunning first floor function room we attract many large parties and events bookings. Our small team of fun and friendly people can offer you an amazing place to workwith great opportunities to progress and develop.
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
The Britannia, 1 Allen Street London W8 6UX