The Berkeley’s Collins Room is renowned for its creativity and is reflected in its award winning Prêt-a-Portea afternoon tea collection. As a Waiter/ess your duties are to provide a warm welcome, and offer a wide range of food and drink service to our guests, including the afternoon tea - Prêt-a-Portea! Other duties include; cash handling, mise en place, and beverage preparation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual who we anticipate will have worked in a similar role within the hospitality or travel and tourism industry. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is a fast learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Other skills that will need to be demonstrated include:
• Previous experience as Waiter/ess within a fast paced restaurant with high service standards
• Excellent knowledge of food, wine, liquor and champagnes
• Strong customer care skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• A high standard of personal presentation
• Confident, professional and welcoming personality
• 28 days’ paid holiday during each holiday year including Bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Many financial incentives
• Free meals whilst on duty
• Uniform and free laundry service for most positions
• Season ticket loan
• Excellent employee recognition programmes
• £1,500 for recommending someone into the organisation
• Preferential room rates for yourself and family
• Guest hotel experience for employees
• Vast range of learning and development programmes
• Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
• Free staff social events
• Discounted gym membership
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Free Employee Assistance Helpline for you and your family
• Occupational health service
Plus many other additional benefits including those which apply to individual hotel properties and a further fantastic range of benefits offered to all employees through one of the UK's leading benefit providers!!
Conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Berkeley, Wilton Place London SW1X 7RL