Chef Required at The Bach Cafe in London
A ‘bach’ is small beach holiday found along the coasts of New Zealand. The Bach brings cool Kiwi beach vibes via our two sites in Broadway Market and Hoxton. Our two busy and seriously popular cafes specialize in amazing coffee as well as being the go-to places for weekend brunches (some boozy!) on Broadway Market and Hoxton Street. The really special thing about our cafes is our staff. We have talented, creative and professional staff, whom we give great attention to, helping them and us to develop and be the best we can be, together.
Being Kiwi, we produce high quality specialty coffee. We are very proud of our coffee and its’ quality; we use our fellow Kiwis at AllPress Coffee Roasters.
We focus our menus on healthy, fresh produce and are a destination café for food intolerances and dietary requirements. We have an interesting menu with dishes using figs, kimchi, avocado, and supplied by Clarence Court Eggs and Rare Breed Meats. Almost all our menu can be gluten free! Our changing counter menu gives our chefs the freedom to create interesting and beautiful salads and savory and sweet bakes on a daily basis.
Our customers are loyal dog lovers, entrepreneurs, creatives and have become good friends with all of the Bach team.
What We Are Looking For:
- We are looking for a seriously talented brunch Chef who enjoys working with seasonal, fresh produce and can follow a set menu of up to 15 simple brunch-style dishes and create around 7 healthy, interesting and beautiful counter menu items – sweet and savoury muffins, salads and imaginative tray bakes, independently.
- Our café is a destination as one of the few places that serves gluten free and dairy free options.
- Passionate about food and working with seasonal fresh produce Have good knowledge about gluten free /dairy free/vegan/vegetarian diets.
What You’ll be Expected to do:
- Prep and plan ahead for set menu of breakfast/brunch dishes – around 15 throughout the week.
- Plan ahead to think of and make orders for attractive and interesting counter menu daily, with gluten free, dairy free customers in mind.
- Daily counter menu planning and preparation including, but not limited to savoury and sweet muffins, tray bakes and salads.
- Look after produce appropriately by cleaning fresh ingredients, storing, expiry dates and stock rotation Independently prep and manage orders during service.
- Be calm and confident whilst paying attention to detail and presentation in an often quick paced small kitchen, especially during weekends.
- Be a clean, tidy and organised chef! Take on some kitchen porter duties when required.
What We Offer (the important stuff!):
- Working Hours approx 40 - 45 per week – Day time shifts only (FULL Weekend Availability is a MUST for all roles).
- 28 Days Paid holidays per Annum (inc Bank holidays).
- Food & Drink Allowance when on shift.
- Twice Monthly Pay.
- Service Charge Percentage.
Other Bach Benefits:
- 1-2-1 Meetings: Employees have a monthly catch-up, (‘1-2-1’) with their manager to see how you are, how we are, and what we can do. It is important to us to keep you happy.
- Potential to Grow – As we are a new and growing company we offer lots of opportunities for industry progression. Optional training is available for all cafe positions, simply to learn new skills and understand how the business works.
- Monthly Staff Meetings - We have regular staff meetings and will listen to all suggestions as a team. We also work on Bach projects together to help grow our business together.
- ‘Perk-Box’ Staff Benefits - an app that gives free things and discounts to our staff. E.g. discounted Apple laptops, free phone insurance, meals out around London, lot’s of retail brands, tech brands and cinemas https://www.perkbox.co.uk/wearethebach
- Regular Bach Staff Parties - we’ve wined, dined, bowled, forgotten our woes and had a smashing time.
- Bach IF – For all staff there is an opportunity to be part of the ‘IF’ fund. If you have a fantastic entrepreneurial idea or project that can be developed as part of the Bach company, you can send proposals and we help you bring your idea to life. £500 available per project.